James H. Baldwin
Office: Purcellville, VA
Jim Baldwin has over 30 years of construction project management experience. His projects have included serving as on-site representative for the structural engineer on a large transportation center, client representation during contract and change order negotations.
For a large Maryland corporation, he was responsible for the preparation, coordination, analysis and submittal of construction claims on a variety of projects.
Jim has extensive experience in evaluating all aspects of complex delay, acceleration, and construction claims.
George Washington University
- Masters in Engineering Management, emphasis on construction management, managerial accounting and quality control management.
University of Maryland, University College
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, major - Construction Management, minor - Structural Design Analysis.
- Graduate Engineering courses in Technology, technology assessment, budgeting and financial systems for engineers.
|Areas of Expertise
- Commercial Projects
- Consequential Damages Claims
- Construction Costs
- Construction Management
- Cost Analysis
- Institutional Projects
- Project Scheduling
Jim has extensive experience in evaluating all aspects of complex constructrion delay, acceleration and disruption claims.
1992 – 2018: JHB Construction Consultants - President
Provided and coordinated construction management services including project management; project CPM scheduling; construction financial management services; change order development and pricing; delay and labor inefficiency claim analysis, expert testimony and litigation support services.
1992 – 1994: W.M. Schlosser Company, Inc. - Senior Project Coordinator
Developed and updated CPM schedules, tracking and analyzing project productivity and developing and implementing corrective procedures, mitigating impacts from changes and delays. Duties also included developing, narrating, presenting and testifying on construction delay and inefficiency claims on company projects.
1988 - 1992: Brower & Associates, Inc. - Senior Associate
Responsibilities included the preparation, coordination, analysis and submittal of construction claims on a variety of projects. These analyses included proactive CPM scheduling development, retroactive CPM and as-built delay evaluation and quantification, and the computation and qualification of associated cost damages. Responsibilities also included following claims through settlement and/or judicial procedures.
1986 - 1988: Brower & Associates, Inc. - Engineering Representative
Stamford Transportation Center, Stamford Connecticut. On-site representative for the structural engineer. Responsibilities included the documentation of daily construction activities and problems, client representation during contract and change order negotiations, the tracking of estimated and actual construction costs, and the updating and analysis of the project schedule in preparation for defense of a claim. Subsequent testimony given before the United States Federal District Court.
1985 - 1986: Brower & Associates, Inc. - Associate
CPM scheduling and project delay analysis and support through project documentation.
- LEED Green Building – GBS Institute
- Construction Partnering: Win-Win Proposition
- Labor Productivity: Motivating Your Team - FMI
- Quality & Productivity Improvement - FMI
- The Construction Leadership Conference - Construction Business Review
- Calculating Loss of Efficiency and Extended Overhead Claims - Federal Publications, Inc.
- CPM Scheduling - Primavera Project Planner
- Presentation Skills - Dun & Bradstreet
Certified Engineer in Training, State of Maryland, 1985.