Stephen D. Lisse
Office: Purcellville, VA
Stephen Lisse has over 39 years of comprehensive engineering experience on private and public projects. This includes production engineering and management; business development and proposal writing; power plant construction, operations and maintenance; electric, steam, water and wastewater distribution systems construction, operations and maintenance; claims and disputes analysis; cost estimating; productivity analysis; cost and schedule control; plans and specification preparation and review; quality assurance and quality control;
Stephen is also experienced in the provision of expert testimony; public works operations and management; change order negotiation; A&E selection; power plant prudency auditing; energy conservation; facilities engineering and real estate management; telecommunications system construction, operations, and maintenance; marine construction and engineering, fabrication and installation of port security systems; transportation engineering and construction;? and environmental engineering and remediation.
Stephen has been Lecturer of Engineering in the West Coast University, Los Angeles, CA and Instructor of Professional Engineer Exam Review, University of Virginia, and has published many articles on a number of diverse engineering topics.
United States Navy
- US Naval Schools, Mine Warfare, Mineman A School
- Fleet Training Group Pacific, Aircraft Fire Fighting
- Fleet Training Group Pacific, Deep Draft Prospective Officer of the Deck
- Fleet Training Group Western Pacific, Advanced Damage Control
- US Naval School, Civil Engineer Corps Officer, Advanced Class
- Naval Facilities Contract Training Center, Contract Modifications
- ASME Nuclear Quality Assurance-1
- ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code Section IX Welding & Brazing
- Naval Facilities Contract Training Center, Contract Cost & Price Analysis
- Naval Facilities Contract Training Center, Advanced Contract Management
- Naval Facilities Contract Training Center, Facilities Support Contracting
- NAVFAC Executive Institute, MBA Equivalent
- PSME Honorary Member
- ASME Centennial Medallion
- US Navy Letters of Commendation
- US Navy Letters of Appreciation
- Purdue Fellow
- Licensed Professional Engineer: California, District of Columbia, Florida, Indiana, Maryland, South Carolina and Virginia.
- Licensed Class A Heavy/Highway and Marine Construction Contractor - Virginia
- US Navy Surface Warfare Officer
- US Navy Qualified Fleet Officer of the Deck
- US Navy Subspecialty Code Facilities Engineer
|Areas of Expertise
- Construction Costs
- Construction Defects
- Cost Analysis
- Delay Claims
- Dispute Resolution
- Engineering - General
- Engineering - Mechanical
- Environmental Issues
- Heating andCooling
- Institutional Projects
- Marine Projects
- Port Security
- Power Plants
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Water and Wastewater
Stephen has extensive experience in many varied aspects of Public and Private Engineering Projects, as well as construction claims and disputes analysis.
2013 – Present: McKissack and McKissack, Inc. - Commercial Manager
Management of contractual issues on the $2.6 billion DC Clean Rivers Project water tunnel and wastewater infrastructure contracts.? Duties include negotiating change orders, closing out contracts, and settling claims on various contracts valued from $18 to $270 million.
2013 – 2013: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority - Project Manager
Management of Program Management contract support group for awarded transit infrastructure contracts.? Duties include negotiating change orders, closing out contracts, and settling claims on contracts valued up to $300 million.
2011 - 2013: Stephen D. Lisse, P.E. - Consulting Engineer
Provided consulting services for engineering, construction, maintenance and operations of worldwide facilities and utilities, water, and wastewater treatment plants and distribution systems and environmental remediation.
2008 - 2011: STV Construction, Inc. - Lead Estimator
Led estimating group as construction management subconsultant for Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority’s Project Management Office on the expansion of DC Metro to Dulles International Airport.? This $6 Billion project included 23 miles of trackage, highway improvements, 11 storm water management ponds,? and 2 tunnels to be designed and constructed in two phases completing in 2016.
2007 - 2008: Burns and Roe Enterprises, Inc. - Director, Projects
Directed Federal Government and commercial projects in the Federal and Nuclear Services Division of an international Engineering Procurement Construction company.
2006 - 2007: Horne International, Inc. - Project/Facility Manager
WDeveloped a facility management program for US Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) $2 billion new construction program for securing the US international borders.
2006 - 2006: L-3 Titan Group - Program Manager, Cost Engineering Services
Provided program/project cost engineering services to US Government Agencies, commercial firms, and internal L-3 Titan Group customers including large and complex program cost engineering and program controls management including analysis/oversight is provided on multiple project types
1988 - 2006: Senior Level Positions for Engineering and Construction Management Companies
1968 - 1988: U.S. Navy
Civil Engineering Officer at numerous international locations managing construction and maintenance of U.S. Navy facilities.
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers - Life Member
- Society of American Military Engineers - Member
- American Association of Cost Engineers - Member
- American Society of Naval Engineers - Emeritus
- Phillipine Society of Mechanical Engineers - Honorary Member